- Name of the item: Art Sculpture – “Sculpture of a Woman” – Contemporary Art, author Vojkan Jovanovic (born in Belgrade).
- Period/dating: the sixties of the twentieth century
- Origin: Depot of artwork of contemporary art exhibited in the department of contemporary art in the N.I.”Institute and Museum” Bitola
- Material / Technique: Sculpture made of granite
- Dimensions: 42 Х 55 Х 30 cm
Short story (description):
Sculpture of a woman made of stone – granite. It has three dimensions – depth, height width. A woman without clothes in a specific position is represented. Her head is covered, hidden with her left hand. Her right hand rests on his right leg. Her left leg is bent with a prominent knee.
The whole figure of the woman is in a convoluted bent position.
All this placement, her cramping position, serve the author to conveys us in a certain psychological state of the figure itself that is in a certain twitch, suffering, as if she wants to protect herself from the outside world, which appears with its presence inflicts her with suffering, pain, loneliness unable to protect herself she crouches, pulls herself in, deeply lonely and very sad.
The sculpture with its mastery of craftsmanship, the precise anatomy of complicated and complex positions represents a perfect work of art, characteristic of an excellent author – sculptor.
In the central part of the picture are depicted a larger group of watercolors – plants that have large blossoms and flowers and float on the surface of the water.
Poetic harmony and beauty of the human body abound everywhere.
The sculptor subjectively experiences the mood of the model – a process known as impressionism
Use: The sculpture is displayed in the permanent exhibition section of the Bitola Museum and is important for monitoring the development of culture and creativity in Bitola and affirmation of the NI Institute and Museum of Bitola.