During the period of 1987-1991, on the territory of the municipality of Bitola, 120 sacral facilities were registered (churches, monasteries dating from XVI c till the 30s of the XX c.) located in more than 100 villages.
A complete descriptive analysis of the facilities was performed, as well as photo documenting and terrain architectonic documentation. Their further processing, valorization and revalorization are a permanent task. From these investigation activities, some of the more important are considered: the new dating of the construction of Isak Cheleby Mosque in Bitola in 1506, the discovery of the donator of the construction of Bitola’s Bezisten from the end of the XV c., and the valorization and protection of the church of St. Bogorodica (St. Mother Mary) in the village of Velushina.
This church is important for its multi-layered construction originating from XIX XI c. (discovered by the archaeological excavation in 1989/90) and its three-layered fresco paintings originating from the early part of the XIX c., along with the last layer from 1836, which belongs to the above mentioned construction phases.
In addition to the above-mentioned projects many other studies, surveys and projects have been carried out in this department. We would mention: the Study of the old public fountains of Bitola, the Study on the adaptation and revitalization of the magaza (storehouse) in Bitola, The Project for redesigning and reconstruction of the roof of the monastery church St. Petka in the village Capari, The Project for the monastery church of St. Gjorgi in the village Velusina, the Project for the conservation of the architecture in the church of Sv. Preobrazenie (The Trans-figuration) in the village Gopez, The Survey for the reconstruction and revitalization of the amam Deboj, The Project for adaptation and revitalization of Zandan Kule in Bitola, Project for redesigning and conservation of the architecture of the church of St. Nikola in the village Cagor, Project for redesigning and partial reconstruction of the roof of the porch on the Isak Cheleby Mosque in Bitola.